Ministry of Energy
On 19.05.2023 , NIPI-M AD started implementation of a project named “Energy efficiency and recovery at NIPI-M AD” in fulfillment of contract BGENERGY-2.003-0009-C01 under the procedure “Energy efficiency in industry”, carried out with the support of the Financial EEA mechanism.
The project grant is in the amount of 162,736 euros, representing 100% of the eligible costs of the project.
The main goal of the project is to reduce the energy intensity of the industrial processes at NIPI-M JSC and to provide an opportunity to utilize waste heat from exhaust gases from a gas burner on an existing powder coating line.
The specific objectives of the project include:
- Optimizing the welding and drilling processes by purchasing new, energy-efficient equipment
- Reduction of the energy used to produce a unit of product
- Providing an opportunity to reduce the cost of manufactured products
- Implementation of innovative technology for the utilization of exhaust gases and their conversion into usable energy
- Ensuring the possibility of opening at least 2 new jobs
- Reduction of generated CO2 emissions from production activities in the enterprise by 324.45 tons per year
- Introduction of an energy monitoring system in order to optimize the used energy and its sources.
- Implementation of the recommended 4 energy efficiency measures in the energy audit in order to achieve optimized use of resources and higher productivity and achieve energy savings of 49.32% compared to the current state of the processes.
To achieve the above goals, highly efficient equipment will be purchased, including inverter welding machines, numerical control drilling and milling machine, welding laser. The exhaust gas utilization system, which is the main value of the project, will be selected with particular attention .
The implementation of the activities will continue until 30.04.2024. The project is managed by the management team of NIPI-M AD.
This document was created with the financial support of the Program “Renewable energy, energy efficiency, energy security” under the Financial Mechanism of the European Economic Area (EEA FM). All responsibility for the content of the document is borne by NIPI-M AD and under no circumstances can it be assumed that this document reflects the official opinion of the FM of the EEA, the donor countries and the Program Operator of the Program “Renewable Energy, Energy Efficiency, Energy security